I started this Blog a year ago today.
I named it
The Hen House
as I was getting hens
& thought I'd write about being
a first time hen keeper....
but I soon started writing about
anything & everything
and what was truly amazing-
you started to read it.
Thank you so much
I really appreciate you taking the time
& I love your comments.
***
Some of you I've " known " here since the very beginning
& some are new faces.
Some of you I know a little better through
emails, phone calls and a meeting
and some I only know through your Blogs
but you are all very special to me.
***
Thank you so much for your recent comments
while I've been going through a difficult time.
I've had an unsettling year really-
in my profile I put that
I'm going through a watershed...
mid life crisis ?
menopause !
***
I've been rather self indulgent recently
& talked about myself a lot-
but if I can't here where can I ?
It is my Blog after all.
Thank you for putting up with me !!!
***
I became inspired by some of the art & craft blogs
to get out my art materials
and try again
but I keep this on a seperate blog-
here I just randomely chat !
***
I'm not sure how I feel about Blog awards anymore
but ages ago
I made my own
& some of the Bloggers
I've known from the very beginning have one.
If you'd like the little Penny Black stamp
and you are a regular commenter here
then please take it
with my thanks for supporting me.
You don't need to do anything
like tell me ten things
but please don't pass it on-
it's just from me to you
to say thank you.
***
So - It's time for a
GIVEAWAY !!!
I once got locked in a public toilet
& had to have the lock cut off
to get out ...
where have you been locked in ?
leave a comment
and I will pick a winner
**
So - what news of Ernest?
My roving rooster.
Ernest was sent off on his gap year in Blogland
several months ago.
Several of you were good enough
to have him stay for a week
then pass him on
and he had many adventures with you.
Sadly, Ernest has not come home from his
last location.
He stayed there over a month
then got lost in the boot of a car
& was posted home over a week ago....
but still not arrived.
***
I'm upset as many of you had put a lot of effort into
joining in with Ernest's travels
& I was looking forward to seeing him
in many more destinations
'til he came home at Christmas.
If you happen to see him
please tell him to come home
to
The Hen House
.jpg)
dear Penny
ReplyDeleteonly recently caught up with your blog and can understand your watershed year perfectly.
I've come to the conclusion that menopause is like puberty in reverse- all the raging hormones but no excuse for the tantrums!
I hope that by writing it down you managed to put some of it into better perspective?
Please don't enter me for the giveaway...I think I've probably been permanently locked OUT of places once I've visited!!
Here's to the 2nd year
xx
I agree with ted and bunny, the raging hormones during menopause rival teenage puberty.
ReplyDeleteI had been wondering about Ernest and it's so sad that he has gone AWOL, but I'm sure he will be back safe and sound soon with lots of tales to tell.
Aww.... poor Ernest, although do you really believe he is lost.....maybe he's fed up with Bloggers and is currently re-organising a Royal Mail sorting office somewhere. Let's hope he returns to you soon to be despatched on his way again to a new holiday home.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogiversary. A whole year of musings and friendship, and hens too.
(I looove my word verification....twarse!!)
Love reading your Blog and love you visiting mine, here's to another year.
Sue xx
Hello Penny! I don't know when I got to your blog, but I know I've been here for awhile and have to admit that in your posts I've learned a little about myself and had some fun too!! I do feel like I've made a friend that I've never met that lives in a place that I will probably never get to visit...I did however want to meet Ernest here in the US and have wondered where he'd gotten off too--I hope he finds his way back to you and I hope to be here this same time next year toasting 2 years on your blog! :-))
ReplyDeleteOh where have I gotten locked in? I got locked in the back seat of my car--The childproof doors were "engaged" and the doors wouldn't open from the inside. I was by myself and because I'm tall and there were a couple of dogs in the backseat with me it took me several minutes to crawl into the front seat and get out--I did this all in a parking lot.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was 15 I actually locked myself in our porch! The porch keys were usually left in the keyhole so as I shut the front door behind me I realised that on this occasion they weren't! I was locked in there for about 3 hours until my parents came home - very uncomfortable lol! I am fairly new to your blog but look forward to each and every post you write xx
ReplyDeleteCongratultions on your first blogaversary!
ReplyDeleteI was working for a dentist once and had to take the Xrays into a little room/cupboard under the stairs to be developed.The door jammed and I was stuck.I was shrieking 'HELP'..and panicking( I get claustrophobia) and one of the patients in the waiting room had to come and rescue me! So embarassing!
bellaboo :o)
Hello Penny...congrats on your last year many more to come i hope i love reading your posts and grateful that you regulary comment on mine, bless you! Well where have i got locked in at ......when i was about 8 or 9 years old i was on our little village trip i think it was to YORK well anyway i can remember going into a building that had loads of steps going down leading into darkness,little did i know it was a dungeon with lockable gates, i ran about with my sister and friend playing at scaring each other as you do! me and sis hid under a bench being really quiet we waited ages and blooming ages mum came and shouted for us( we ignored her)then all went quiet around us.when we tried to get out the cell gates had been locked, we cried and screamed for ages, later mum came back with a guard and unlocked the gates when they realised where we were....the guard had gone for his lunch...yes we had been really LOCKED IN ...(funny i dont like dark under ground places now) ha! xxx
ReplyDeleteI agree with ted and bunny menopause is exactly like puberty in reverse, there's many a time I've wanted to go off to the bedroom in a strop. I'm new to your blog but I'm very glad I found it as I am enjoying reading it very much. Fortunately I have never been locked in anywhere. Have been locked out of the house and at the time I was small enough to climb through a very small toilet window. Wouldn't be able to do that now!
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogaversary Penny! One year ~ good for you! I've been following your blog for quite awhile and I believe the fact that it had a chicken in it was the reason it first attracted me! Ha! Now there are so many other reasons.
ReplyDeletesigh... menopause... don't you find it odd that it starts with the word 'men'... hmmm.... I find that curious... You know there are many of us in the same area of life and can totally understand and are right here with you.
Locked in? I honestly don't recall ever being locked in anywhere but as I have always worked in a financial institution, I have always had a fear of getting robbed, being locked in the vault with coworkers and then needing to go to the bathroom before we are let out. Does that count? :)
In the meantime, I send the warmest thoughts and wishes that wee Ernest makes it home to you safe and sound!
Take care,
xo Catherine
I haven't been locked in any where! ....sob! But I am a fellow squirrel & I love you. LOL! Poor old Ernest,, where the hell has he gone? xxxx
ReplyDeleteHappy blogiversary to you! I hope you forever find the land 'o' blog a warm and welcoming place.
ReplyDeleteI recently got locked in our greenhouse. I went in to look at teh tomatoes and peppers and the door got jammed. Took me forever to get out!
Mum and I came home to our first family house to find she'd forgotten her keys. Fortunately for us she'd left the kitchen ventilator window open so skinny me went through and opened the door. Just call me the Artful Dodger, innit?!
ReplyDeleteBRING ERNEST HOME!!!
ReplyDeleteLocked in . . . the time that came to mind happened on a particularly idiotic day when I was in 7th grade. For some idiotic reason, I and a few of my friends thought it would be interesting to climb into this big covered dumpster that was on our playground. Well, seeing this idiocy caused several of the meaner kids to pile onto the cover and not let us out. Worse yet, they sat and kicked their heels against the metal dumpster causing deafeningly loud bangs to radiate inside the dumpster. We were in there several minutes, but it felt like hours. That was an ugly, terrifying experience.
Happy Blogiversary, Penny! I had no idea you and I began our blogs at much the same time. Glad to know you!
I am so happy that we've met here in the land of blog dear Penny. Sometimes I wish I knew exactly when a connection was made.
ReplyDeleteWhenever I think of "locked in" I get a flash of my younger sister peeking thru the removed door handle as she was locked in my Mom's bathroom (on my birthday) ... it made me roll with laughter on many levels and she has a very good sense of humor ... it was quite an operation btw ... two men working away on a really old door knob ... it of course had a happy ending LOL
Here's to more wonderful blog posts for you and for us Penny!
Brightest of Blessings All Ways!
oxo
I have never been locked in anywhere, although there are plenty out there who probably think I should be!!!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, poor Ernest .......... Maybe he's on a "bender" somewhere?
I have never been locked in anywhere I don't think! I once took the cat out (they were indoor at the time having only just moved into our new house) and the door slammed shut behind us, I had to wait in the green house till Hubby came home!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your blogiversary!
love
Lyn
xxx
Oh poor Ernest maybe he too is locked in somewhere!! I was locked in a loo once. In the mid fifties my aunt and uncle had a farm with the usual outdoor toilets ( and I mean out the back well away from the farmhouse - handy for the farm hands - a shed with the old soil toilet - a nice solid wooden "shelf" with a hole in it!) I think my older brothers kindly dropped the latch and I was trapped for ages - shouting at the top of my voice for help. I was only a little lass and I have never forgotten the thought that I might be stuck there all night in a cold dark "netty"!!!!
ReplyDeletePS I have blogged a "lost" poster for little Ernest!! http://twiglet5.blogspot.com/2010/08/lost-have-you-seen-this-little-bird-he.html
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your blog - it's refreshingly honest and reflects so many of the issues that so many of us women are going through. You've got such a lovely bunch of followers. About 20 years ago, and in the small hours of the morning, I got locked in the bathroom of a Travel Inn - and unfortunately I was completely starkers! The poor maintenance guy was very discreet but I was mortified. My friend, Dawn, nearly wet herself laughing, of course. Poor maintenance guy is probably still in therapy. I do hope little Ernest turns up safe and sound (maybe he's locked in the bathroom of a Travel Inn....?!) xx
ReplyDeleteI was once locked in a gas station ladies room and had to use my Swiss Army knife to take the door knob off to get out.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on one year! I hope Ernest finds his way home. I have hope that he will. Who knows? He might have a note enclosed explaining his delay!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your anniversary! Hmmmmm, locked in, let's think. It was the craft shed at Beavers. The children shut the door as a joke and the handle fell off from the inside. Not fun!
ReplyDeleteOne year! Congratulations. I love your blog, and if you can't talk about yorself on your blog , where can you, it to me is an on-line diary, and you make lovely friends too (like you!). Poor Ernest, I hope he makes it home soon!
ReplyDeleteOh dear what can the matter be, dear sweet Penny, locked in the lavatory! I got locked in a moving van once! When I was eighteen after a live music dancey thingy, I was asked if I wanted to go to a party. So, dimbo here got in a van with 3 fellas and one other girl. Duh! WHere is this party I wondered as the van drove about and the other girl seemed to be getting mauled, and enjoying it. Why do those fellas keep looking at me? Oh no! This is the party! Let me out, no? Thankfully when they realised that I was not going to be the party, they screeched to a stop at the very shut bus-station and threw me out. My Dad was not impressed that he had to get up, drive to another town to come and get me! Ha ha ha. Have a good weekend. I still have your Penny award on my blog. Susie xxx
Thank you for your lovely comments - makes it al worth while.
ReplyDeleteTaking a break & will be back for T on Tuesday xx
Many happies. I got locked in at work a few years ago. On Saturdays we only work until 1 p.m. with only one team working. I went to the loo and couldn't get back into our centre because I had forgotten my swipe card and everyone buggered off and left me. I tried to go upstairs to the main reception area and set all the alarms off. I was eventually rescued about 45 mins later by an out-of-hours Social Services assistant. To make matters worse, on the Monday I was bollocked about the alarms. It took a lot of living down and my team leader had to make sure that we all left the building together after that. I hope Ernest comes home soon. If I see him busking on the street, I'll let you know. Have a great weekend Penny.
ReplyDeleteI'm just back from a week's holidays in France and I have to say I'm sorry but I didn't see Ernest on my travels. Having been the last one to pass him on safely I feel responsible in my choice of next host. His little box was full of special memories of his travels and they should have all come back safely with him to you. I am so very sorry.
ReplyDeleteA x
congrats on your first year!!!
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed it
x
Lovely to see you today and have a cuppa with you and your lovely friend - and amazingly you don't have 2 heads - who'd have thought....I hope Ernest is repatriated soon - he needs a trip to the sunny Isle soon! xxx
ReplyDelete