Thursday, 23 September 2010

blogging

OK I come to do this post disillusioned as I am...whether to carry on blogging or not
 I had it in my mind to do this post and and I come to write it and find...

my whole blog has changed - well thanks a lot blogger !!


The deflated ballon is how I feel right now about blogging


and when I feel like this ...

I ALWAYS
question...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ

24 comments:

  1. Should you stay or should you go? I say "STAY!" Yours was one of the first blogs I started following and I've gotten a bit attached to you! :-) I would also miss you if you left...If you're feeling a bit of "blog writers block" take a break and just know that I'll be here and I know others will be too when you're ready to come back...But if you feel like your life has changed, which all of our lives do, and blogging just isn't "who you are any longer" I respect and understand that. Just know that I've really enjoyed following your blog and getting a glimpse into someone's life in a place where I'll probably never get to go. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has your blog changed? Am I missing something?

    Stay, just don't feel obliged to blog everyday, only when you want to. I've felt rather like a deflated balloon lately as well. So much so that today I ended up going back to bed and staying there most of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, I so get this -- though your blog looks the same to me. Blogger has been having a bad day for me around here -- lots of functions not working. I have been in a "blogging funk" for some time now, too. I have been blog-soul searching, too. I feel a metamorphosis going on with me and, in some ways, I don't relate to my own blog anymore -- how weird is that?! So I get it.

    For my 2 cents, I would say, just take a break. Walk away from your blog for a while, but don't officially quit or delete it. Hopefully, you will come back to it -- and I, for one, will be here welcoming you back with open arms.

    P.S. I blame a goodly share of this on that Chicken Boy Randy. It has simply not been as fun without his consistent presence. Hrmph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a new blog page with all the new available choices and variations from blogger. This keeps me going because I like change...sometimes too much sometimes not enough. Use a photo editing program(free) and play with the photos. Do something totally different on your blog...You never know what'll happen until you try it...NOW I'm waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the full moon is filling you with doubts, Penny.
    Take a break and see how you feel afterwards about things.
    We'll all be here and should you decide to leave, then that will be OK too. You have to trust your instincts.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaawh! Please stay, pretty please?

    Would miss you too much.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone above my friend. Don't let the blogger boogies get you down. Give it a break if you must ~ but do not give up!!! The blogger bugs (whatever they are) will eventually get worked out.

    Happy bloggy thoughts!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't go - please

    I can understand about the boggers block and the annoyance at the faults with blogger but don't go completely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey girlie- its only a blog!
    give yourself a break.
    Blogger always seems to have bugs removing pics, messing up posts and stuff like that and its a real pain, but don't let it be a chore, its 'sposed to be fun, thats why you started it ;))
    (now you'll never speak to me again!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!! I needed my Bloggie friends & I SO needed to hear the Clash singing that !

    The way I do posts & upload photos has changed - seems impossible to do ny photos now !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't go, I really enjoy reading all the wonderful animal tales you write about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh NO! I'm worried now,as when I was posting yesterday up popped a notice from Blogger saying there would be changes.Why do they have to do this...it's sooooo frustrating!
    Stick with it Penny..pleeeease..will miss your lovely blog if you go! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a wobble I'm sure, take a break, go to Barcelona and then make us green with envy with tales from the big city. You should stay, I would certainly miss you!
    Jak xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't be silly, you can't stop blogging - I love reading about the antics of you and your family too much.

    It would make me very sad if you stopped:0(

    So in the spirit of those wonderful films of our childhood - 'Carry On Blogging'! (oh, do you remember Sid James and his awful laugh, Kenneth Williams with 'that' look, and Hattie, the lovely Hattie?) - now that's another post you could do......

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stay stay stay! Or I'll send the heavies round! Take a break if you must, but don't stay away for long. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a break! And come back renewed and refreshed. And give those cats a stroke for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stay, stay, stay! Loving the music BTW...

    I just ignore the changes. I'm sure they'll sock me in the face with them in the end, but until then, I just pretend they're not there.

    Call me ostrich...

    ReplyDelete
  18. ... But, I'm selfish !! I want you to staaayyy-insert whine here- cause I just get so much entertainment reading about your lovelies and life.
    Have your holiday. Then see how you feel. I am acquainted with the glum feeling about this time of the year. Always happens to me when the days go darker and damper.
    Besides, we would miss you something awful !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. ..."It's always tease, tease, tease" Thank you so much for that!! My favourite Clash track is 'This is England'. My dear, do as you please, but don't let disillusion make you go... let it inspire you to fight! Do not go quiet into that goodnight... go muttering and harrumphing instead!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yo can't go....you can't possibly go...what would we do without you??

    Just play with your Blog til you like it again or take a little break and then come back all fresh and full of inspiration.

    I hate it when Blogger mess about with things, bl***y annoying!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. stay! maybe take a short break. shorten time you blog. blog only when you feel like it.

    i am just back from a two week break from blogging. i have decided it should be fun. i will blog when i can and when i do not feel like blogging, i will not feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. here I am. Super late as I seem to always be these days. Still, thinking of you and hoping you've decided to stay and mosh a little longer. I've been having these feelings as well. I can't seem to find any creativity for new posts. Is it time to stop. Maybe. But maybe after the holidays - that would be too much fun to miss.

    ReplyDelete