er no actually...
IT'S ALL ABOUT ME !!!
It's MY Blog.
But....
does any other forty something mum
find Mc Fly
TOTALLY CUTE ?
especially the drummer-
lovely Harry.
Anyway, I digress, but they ARE cute aren't they ?
Anyway,
Blogging.
It's a place where you can blatantly, mercilessly talk about yourself
and no one minds !
I mean I've gone on & on about my
SORE THROAT FROM HELL
and you haven't minded....
not at all.
I've been able to indulge in my misery
& wallow in sympathy.
In " Real life " I get the sort of raised eyebrow,
" It can't be that bad " look
or
" mine throat worse than yours" expression !
or
" It can't have lasted THAT long ! "
A very dear Bloggy friend once described it as a
Virtual Stroke
when we were talking about how self indulgent our blogs can be.
No one likes a show off,
but here we can show our photos or crafts or culinary marvels,
our new shoes or charity shop finds
and we get praise for our endeavours !
It's the
FEEL GOOD FACTOR.
We exchange messages with people who seem to genuinely like us
and want to spend time with us.
How cool is that ?
So dear Bloggeroos...
Thank you for being there for me
saying nice things to me
and making me feel good.
thank you thank you thank you ....
you're the best...
I love you !
.... I'm getting emotional now.
So I shall stop right now, before I make a speech.
Stop now Penny - it's embarrassing.
er no actually...
IT'S ALL ABOUT ME !!!
It's MY Blog.
But....
does any other forty something mum
find Mc Fly
TOTALLY CUTE ?
especially the drummer-
lovely Harry.
Anyway, I digress, but they ARE cute aren't they ?
Anyway,
Blogging.
It's a place where you can blatantly, mercilessly talk about yourself
and no one minds !
I mean I've gone on & on about my
SORE THROAT FROM HELL
and you haven't minded....
not at all.
I've been able to indulge in my misery
& wallow in sympathy.
In " Real life " I get the sort of raised eyebrow,
" It can't be that bad " look
or
" mine throat worse than yours" expression !
or
" It can't have lasted THAT long ! "
A very dear Bloggy friend once described it as a
Virtual Stroke
when we were talking about how self indulgent our blogs can be.
No one likes a show off,
but here we can show our photos or crafts or culinary marvels,
our new shoes or charity shop finds
and we get praise for our endeavours !
It's the
FEEL GOOD FACTOR.
We exchange messages with people who seem to genuinely like us
and want to spend time with us.
How cool is that ?
So dear Bloggeroos...
Thank you for being there for me
saying nice things to me
and making me feel good.
thank you thank you thank you ....
you're the best...
I love you !
.... I'm getting emotional now.
So I shall stop right now, before I make a speech.
Stop now Penny - it's embarrassing.
Aaw what a lovely post, and so true. I love blogland! x
ReplyDeleteAw, thank YOU Penny! You make me laugh and you make me think and your blog is a really friendly place to be.
ReplyDeleteYou're right about how blog friends are so forgiving and allow us to have our self indulgent moments - moments that we simply don't have in the real world.
So here's another virtual stroke from me!
J
xx
ps there is NOTHING cute about Mcfly.
Even when you don't feel well I still enjoy stopping by your blog to see how you are and when I don't feel well, I still like stopping by--At least I don't have to worry about YOUR catching something from me! :-)) I do hope you're enjoying your day Penny!
ReplyDeleteps loved that clip though with all the well known faces. They're still not cute though;0)
ReplyDeleteSorry but I don't even know who Mcfly is! However... I do know that you are wonderful and I do genuinely care about you. I believe that people can be friends even though they may never meet in person.
ReplyDeleteI thought up a joke all by myself yesterday and your post reminded me of it.
ReplyDeleteQ. How many bloggers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. 10, one to change the lightbulb and 9 to tell her how lovely it is!
Country girls joke is just the best!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI still feel like shit, will someone virtually stroke me? LOL xxx
I love Country Girl's joke!
ReplyDeleteI've just popped over and given Tracey a virtual stroke so I hope she's feeling the lurve!
xx
Tracey lots of strokes & hugs coming your way...
ReplyDeleteCountry Girl Funny very funny and true !
Jo don't you find them just the tinyist bit cute ? no ? I'll keep them all to myself then.....I was prepared to share !
Di they've been round here for a long time but I thought of that song today to go with the post .
Kim I admire how you look after all those Golen dogs - Having two at the same time drove me insane !
Bb I love Blogland too !
You are very astute indeed - blogland is the one place where you can happily talk about yourself continually. I love it! And I love your blog too ..... I am very glad I discovered it this year.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better!
P.S. McFly are cute but in a Care Bear kind of way rather than a 'I would boff 'em' kind of a way!
ReplyDeleteI know just where you are coming from with this post. Having had a really rough few weeks with flu/cold and then sciatica I have to say I'm certain it has been the positive comments left on my blog that has kept me going. Everyone has been so very kind and it really is so uplifting isn't it? I love blogland too.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
A x
Blogland is fab isn't it?
ReplyDeleteYou've had a lousy start to the new year, health wise,so things can only get better as they say.
I LOVE that McFLY song,and used to play it over and over,and then it would drive me demented,because I couldn't get it out of my head!
Off now to watch Dancing..or more likely falling a lot...On Ice. :0)
I love Blogland too - and your blog! I'm amazed at how kind and polite folks are - I guess there are confrontational blogs, perhaps more religious or political ones, but I haven't encountered them. Now get down off your podium girl and take your antibiotics or you'll be entertaining STFH again! Abby x
ReplyDeleteBlogging is just full of lovely lovely people who will always take the time to cheer you up when you're feeling down. It's just great! I think we all share the same values in life ... so we all get on so well.
ReplyDeleteMcFly? Are you serious? What drugs are you on? Sorry!
xxx
I love the laughter in blogland and the sharing..............
ReplyDeleteAgree with you about Dancing on Ice Penny. :0)
ReplyDeleteyou cradle snatcher
ReplyDeleteatleast matt cardle is nearly 30! not a teen!
Blogland! It gets you going and cheers you up! I've even ordered a 'make a scarf in an hour' knitting kit because of Blogland and I haven't knitted for years. I will make sure to blog when my hands are hurting from all that 'knit one, purl one' stuff - also found some super pieces of material in the back of a cupboard which I might even get out and photograph. So watch out! It gets you this cheerful blog stuff! Happy hugs to everyone - especially those with the STFH! Ann x
ReplyDeleteBlogging is so great for so so many reasons. Lots of fun having people who are willing to read and enjoy reading what we write about ourselves. yipee!
ReplyDeleteHey - Macfly are mine!! Age before beauty, Miss.
ReplyDeletexx
Yes - being self indulgent is such fun, and, when I get the chance to dip in, I love reading posts from all my lovely blogging mates! Love ya - and I also love JLS, so you can have Macfly! Going to see them next week with little E - how cool is that!! (she probably doesn't want to go, but I do!!)
Sorry - it's McFly not Macfly duh!
ReplyDelete(shame faced uncool)