I have been back on the old computer
while my laptop
is in for repairs
again ...
luckily the staff at Currys
are delightful
so I don't feel it's time wasted.
One of the part time boys goes to college with Jess
( she fancied him like mad when they were at school )
Tash, the girl on the customer information desk is fantastic !
I had one day left on my thirty day repair warranty -
we were counting on fingers & toes
as the guy on the end of the phone at repairs HQ
was being doubtful.
I kept pointing out the bank holidays
but guess the shop stayed open.
Tash was a star & is due an Oscar for her performance !
The big brother of the boy Jess used to fancy was serving us & said,
" Three repairs and they usually give you a new laptop "
Good-
mine has always been trouble.
We talked about getting Skype
for when Jess & Hubby do the transatlantic.
Blimey has technology moved on -
I used to send messages by carrier pigeon !
Anyway, to find my Blog on our old computer
I tap in Blogger.com
& a whole list of subjects come up
including a title,
What the Hell is Blogging ? "
So I clicked on it this morning
& it lead to links
other Bloggers have written.
Seeing as I'm on the very old computer
& everything takes ages
I didn't click on any.
Instead I thought I'd write my own
What the Hell is Blogging post.
Not that I'm going to sit here & tell you what a Blog is
cos
hey,
you know that already.
I'm going to tell you
what Blogging means to me
and hope that you'll leave a comment
telling me what Blogging means to you !
Blogging has simply become part of my life.
I probably spend way too much time on it
but it's like a hobby now.
It's made me think and has tapped into my creative side.
I can be myself on my blog
and I get nice things said to me.
I know this sounds childish
but everyday life can sometimes be challenging
and here there is no criticism, no judging, and no expectations.
I know there can be & I had one sarcastic comment once
but I just thought ' idiot '
and giggled.
I can talk about myself as much as I want to here !
Or I can write about random things
which pop into my head.
and giggled.
I can talk about myself as much as I want to here !
Or I can write about random things
which pop into my head.
If I don't feel like posting
or have nothing to say,
I don't have to !
If I'm feeling low
you are kind & supportive
with your comments.
I have made new friends through Blogging
who are very real.
A non blogger might say,
' Yes, but they are not real friends are they ? '
Well yes they are !
It constantly amazes me that other bloggers read my posts
and it gives me a thrill to see a new comment up.
I always smile.
I said to Jess yesterday,
'I'm fed up with Blogging '
but I'm not really
as here I am...
Blogging again !
ROFL. I blog for the same reasons you do and have made some wonderful friends. Of course they're real friends..they support you, make you laugh, sometimes make you cry and sometimes they send you surprise packages that make you laugh and cry at the same time. I love that you can "let it all out" and no-one will judge you.
ReplyDeleteHugs xx
p.s. although I did have a Chinese "follower" whose posts I never dared allow - they were all in Chinese so who knew what they said? lol
Why do I Blog - well it started as a diary to chart our progress on the farm, as we turned from dedicated townies to country folk with animals, but now it weaves its way now through every aspect of our lives.
ReplyDeleteLike you I've met some wonderful folks through Blogging both in the flesh and just in the 'ether'. But whatever we are all there for each other through bad times and good....and THATS what true friends are.
I think I'd be lost without it (and I'd have to write my Mum lots of letters to keep her up to date).
Keep up with your ramblings....I love them!
Sue xx
Susie, I used to get lots of Chinese comments which usually came to nothing if I clicked on it but once it led to a Blog with a girl getting undressed ! I always deleated them & reported to Blogger & they've stopped stalking me !
ReplyDeleteSue - when I lived abroad I wrote to my mum daily like a diary. She loved it & misses those letters
This is very odd. We bloggers can obviously read one another's minds. I made pretty much the same comments on my blog on Saturday when I realised I had had over 3000 visitors to my blog. And yes, of course you are friends. I look forward to catching up with everyone's daily happenings, both good and not so good and if I have helped anyone by giving a helpful comment or a useful tip or just being there, I am very pleased. Just as I am grateful for all of you out there doing the same for me. Ann x
ReplyDeleteThrough a blog I found YOU! more friends too. I have tapped into a bit of a creative side that I didn't appreciate I had. It has been a slow and subtle change but I look at my home and garden in a different way. I have found a bit of that sunshine I was after.
ReplyDeleteI am a Gemini, one day it all may change, but at the moment it is making me happy.
I'm very much the same, my blog started as a showcase for my knitting, but it has eveolved and now I use it mostly as a photo album, but it illustrates my life as it is lived, so its part diary as well. I love all the friends I have made by blogging and following others.
ReplyDeletekeep up the good work.
joy x
A stack of us must be thinking similar things as I posted about this subject on 29/4.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get a new laptop. :)
Anne xx
I blog so I can be honest with my feelings. I don't have alot of followers, but do appreciate the ones I have, and feel as though I have visited Great Britain! Sometimes I think why bother, but it is mostly for my own self therapy. If others agree or have been there, then I have struck a chord.
ReplyDeleteI started to blog when I stumbled into the blog world by accident. Life was changing big time, we had just adopted for the second time and it was hard work! I had kept a diary for the first time round but found it so difficult as there was so litel time and I had very little energy to spare. Then my dad's health got worse and he passed away a short time afterwards. I was able to share thoughts and feelings and I have made friends with someone very special who helped me through those tough times. I have made lots of other friends too, met up with a couple and been inspired by them and many others. First and foremos it's a reocrd for the children, but it's something I'm glad I discovered and yes I probably spend too much time doing it all!
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Great post, Penny, that sums up lots of the reasons I blog too! Sometimes I wonder why I do it, just like you yesterday, but I am quickly drawn back into it! I also see it as a way of recording memories and attaching them to something visual - nobody at home would want to listen to me rambling on about things now, but I so wish I had recorded my grand-parents and great-grandmother's reminiscences when looking at photos when they were alive. But the best thing is finding nice people!
ReplyDeletex
I loved this, it sums up everything really neatly. I have just started my very first blog and am not entirely sure where it will go. However I am still struggling with how to make friends out there. Any tips?
ReplyDeleteGreat post Penny and I think you have summed up well why many of us blog, as have the lovely bloggers who have commented so far. I had had one for a couple of years before I started a public blog. It was a way of letting of steam when I needed to. Now it is a a way of looking at the positive.
ReplyDeleteoooh, you went into my head there and wrote just what I was thinking! You've hit the nail on the head with 'everyday life can sometimes be challenging and here there is no criticism, no judging, and no expectations' - absolutely. Sometimes someone will post somthing and I'll think that it's daft or wrong, or I don't like what they made or bought, but then I simply don't comment. And I agree that positive comments are really affirming - and lovely! Abby x
ReplyDeleteI first started blogging when we moved abroad and I thought it would be a good way to stay in touch with family and friends. However it developed a life of it's own. Sometimes I could spend all day, everyday blogging. Other times it feels as though it takes over and I should be doing something else with my time like creating something. But it's always there. Importantly, I have made some good and real friends through it.
ReplyDeleteHope you get your computer sorted soon.
well said that lady
ReplyDeleteyou speak for all of us!
I think you've captured pretty much what blogging is to a lot of us. I am a relative newcomer to blogging having stumbled into it after looking for crochet inspiration. Initially I found I was getting caught up (in a good way!) in the day to day stuff of peoples lives and as Susan says began to look at my own life in a subtly different way. I wrote a diary for years as a teenager and in a way this kind of replicates that - somewhere to say what you like without anyone judging. I had begun to feel as a Mum of nearly grown ups that there was an expectation that I think and act in a certain way and that the bit that was Me had sort of disappeared under the everyday getting on with life stuff. I don't know how many people read my little blog - I don't have many followers - but do love to read the comments people kindly leave. Its like connecting with people who are in a similar place. But it can be a bit distracting and I do end up spending longer than i mean to!!! x
ReplyDeleteFabulous post Penny. I dunno what I'd do without blogging now - my arty stuff would get stuck in a drawer, my poetry would've remained a guilty pleasure, my fragile ego wouldn't have received so many strokes and my path wouldn't ever have been crossed by so many great people. Its been an absolute joy - mainly because as you say, others take you as you are or leave you and you would never even know! And, you're my friend now!!! Pen x
ReplyDeleteDitto darlin' I blog for the same reasons as you. Plus it's my escape to the outside world...(as you know!) xxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteI mainly started my blog as a record of things I'd made but it's become so much more than that. I didn't read any blogs before I started but now I can't wait to see what everyone's been up to each day. I had no idea that countries on the other side of the world had different seasons and it's so interesting to have an insight into that.
ReplyDelete