The well dressed Halloween girls quickly had their witches' hats removed
and camouflaged jackets & Poppy's added
for a remembrance window.
Did you know that the army has replaced all their uniforms ?
we have had a lot donated
& the anglers tend to buy them !
For Halloween, we wore witches hats.
I didn't want to wear a camouflaged jacket
as I was too hot.
For this coming Saturday,
our lovely young volunteer has set a
our lovely young volunteer has set a
"Where's Wally ?"
theme !
theme !
Help !!!
On Saturday evening we made up a table of volunteers from the shop to attend
evening which was was such fun.
( They are from Harringay !!! )
( They are from Harringay !!! )
Lively quirky music and lots of toe tapping.
There was Goulash and the most divine apple Strudel I've ever had.
We are going to book another table for a
Dolly Parton tribute evening !
Easy to book now that I am one of the
new box office volunteers.
I did my second stint & enjoyed it.
I had to sort out some stranded table tennis players
who'd been locked out of their normal hall...
never a dull moment !
Yesterday afternoon, I had a walk around the village
and went into the Church yard to see the poppies and crosses
arranged in remembrance.
It was a quiet reflective afternoon
in a normally bustling village.
There was Goulash and the most divine apple Strudel I've ever had.
We are going to book another table for a
Dolly Parton tribute evening !
Easy to book now that I am one of the
new box office volunteers.
I did my second stint & enjoyed it.
I had to sort out some stranded table tennis players
who'd been locked out of their normal hall...
never a dull moment !
Yesterday afternoon, I had a walk around the village
and went into the Church yard to see the poppies and crosses
arranged in remembrance.
It was a quiet reflective afternoon
in a normally bustling village.

Well just wow from me. For all of it. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the Where's Wally theme, I'm thinking lots of stripes?!
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Oh you have to take photos of the Where's Wally? display!! Will there be things to hunt for?? (guess who wiled away many hours with boys and various Where's Wally? books!!! great fun!) :-) x
ReplyDeleteHave fun dressing as Wallies ;)
ReplyDeleteSounds like great fun - we need pictures :)
...not sure if there WILL be a where's Wally theme - we'd need a LOT of stripey clothes ! ...it was the sixteen year old having a giggle !!!
ReplyDeleteYou could hide little wallies or little pictures of wallies around the shop and a wally themes treasure hunt - a kind of find wally where's wally! You could just hide a little piece of stipey material peeking out somewhere to make it look as though he was there, hiding. Would get people to come in and have a look! jenx
ReplyDeleteWe definitely need pictures of the Dolly Parton evening...
ReplyDelete