Friday, 30 November 2012

The replaced Christmas tree is now up on the village green
lights shining brightly last night.
 
I dressed the girls in the shop window
all silver & sparkly for Christmas parties !
 
Tonight is the late night shopping
in the local town where Jess works.
 
I'm going with a friend
who has moved back to the village.
I helped her move in on Wednesday
& we had a good giggle unpacking.
Her flat is looking very homely already.
 
I've missed her terribly
so it was such a blast when she told me she was coming back !
 
So we are nearly into December.
I bought some gorgeous lights
to put on the mantelpiece
to replace some which died last year.
 
On Monday I'm having a Stampin' Up party..
no not line dancing...
printing stamps.
we will make a card,
have a glass of wine & maybe a sneaky mince pie
& look at the lovely catalogue of art goodies.
 
As so many people said  "Yes Please "
I am holding the event in a friend's cafe...
she generously offered it to me when numbers swelled.
 
All the village halls are booked out-
the Community centre, guide hut, church hall & village hall
all being used for events.
But we will be very cosy in the lovely cafe !
 
Next Friday is late night shopping in our village
& I will be in the charity shop.
There will be stalls all over the village
carol singing around the tree
and a visit from Father Christmas
including a Reindeer !
 
Soon we have our works meal out in the pub-
" works " being the volunteers at the charity shop.
The deposit money is dripping in,
so there should be quite a few going.
 
It's also Jess's birthday soon.
TWENTY !!!
 
how did THAT happen !
 
We are going out for a family meal
and she is looking forward to seeing her friends
when they are home from Uni.
 
Her Camp America application
is onto it's next stage
& we are keeping hopeful for her !
 
Admit all this pre Christmas bustle
are the ordinary things-
new socks for Joe
cats being sick
muddy dog paw prints to clean !
 
 
November has been rather gloomy weather wise
and dampened even the best of spirits.
 
I feel so sorry for those affected by flooding-
so devastating.
I imagine all they want for Christmas is a normal day at home.
 
Have a good weekend !
 


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to be busy, busy, busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it sounds like you will be busy, but wow, lots of lovely things going on and celebrations.

    Thank goodness this awful soggy November is just about over.

    Yay....it's almost December...I looooove Christmas. The building up to it and the day itself, I think I get it from my Dad, he was childlike about Christmas always wanting the newest singing, dancing toppling over battery operated reindeer in the shop!!

    Enjoy all your events (I loved the sound of the 'stamping' evening in the cafe, so cosy).

    Good luck to Jess too, she's doing well getting through all these stages.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely post Penny, so much to look forward to. I wish wish wish I lived nearer, the stamping event sounds so much fun. It happens every year, I think to myself well it doesn't seem very Christmassy, then I do this or that and the Christmas vibe comes trickling in all by itself. Crisp bright and frosty here, which makes a lovely change from all the horrible rain we have had, now only if it would stay like this. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cafe, fun, wine, Christmas, pub, Christmas, birthday lots of good words there!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy post, lots going on up your way. Have a good weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely, lively post and good to hear that the tree incident is behind you now. Is there nothing that thieving ratbags won't take?!?

    ReplyDelete