Monday, 26 November 2012

Yesterday afternoon
I attended a tribal singing workshop.
 
It is hard to describe...
sound making with our voices
but not actually singing words
just sounds.
 
It was incredible !
 
We were together for over three hours
about fifteen people making vocal music together.
 
I loved it and will definitely go again.
 
 Very alternative !
 
 
What have you done which is considered
a little bit different ?
 
 


8 comments:

  1. You little hippy you!
    x
    (Sounds fantastic!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good for the soul! What have I done that is considered a little bit different? Booked a ticket to see Sir Gary Lord of the Barlow by myself. Everyone thinks it is really weird that I am going alone. But noone wanted to go with me - they have all heard me sing! So, I am going independently! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh er... Did you shatter any glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any singing in our house sounds pretty tribal, no one can carry a tune. You are brave Penny. I must admit I do tend to get dragged along to things. Many years ago a group of us went to a gay bar in a pub in Preston, it was VERY different. I sat cuddling a little dog dressed to kill - the dog was not me, He belonged to the owners of the bar and was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did that workshop earlier this year and found it utterly liberating- for someone who has a singing voice so bad I was asked not to sing in school assembly it was a real baptism of fire but lo! if you open your mouth wide enough, a voice really does come out and for me it was definitely quite a turning point.
    I reckon the best thing about being this age is that you realy can start to explore some of the hidden depths and wow, the surprises that they bring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I've never done anything like that - it sounds such fun! I can't think of anything I've done that's a bit different - unless taking fingerprints off a dead body counts? But that wasn't for fun, obviously.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a great time. I wouldn't dare join a singing group. I learned my lesson one day when I started to sing and even the cats left the room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You try so much Penny, I really admire you for seeking out new stuff and having so much fun.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete