Several years ago
we started to host a Burns' supper
for friends.
I've never been to a traditional Burns' evening
but researched food, order of ceremony, speeches etc.
We have held four where we have asked
guests to make speeches-
one notable year
when one of the men dressed as a woman
for
" The reply from the Lassies " !
Some years we just have a Haggis supper
which is what we will do this year.
All have been a lot of fun.
Husband wears his kilt
and parades in the Haggis
( around the kitchen table ! )
recites part of the Selkirk Grace
and stabs the Haggis with his Sgain Dubh
( Dagger ! )
One year we found some pipe music to pipe in the haggis
but what we have never had is a real piper...
this year this has been resolved.
When we pick Finn up he makes a high pitched sound
and Billy a low grumbling sound.
Finn sounds like a high pitched pipe
& Billy the bagpipes !
Result-
Finn & Billy can pipe in the Haggis this year !
image - cross stitch designs Peter Underhill
I love it when things all come together.!


Sounds great fun! I'm presuming a wee dram or two of liquid gold to accompany?! Have a great night x
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!!
ReplyDeleteHugs xx
Do hope you are not squeezing one and blowing down the other!
ReplyDeleteYou are also supposed to have someone recite Tam O Shanter, have you got a spare cat?!
You should have invited my Hubby he plays the bagpipes!!
ReplyDeleteIt'll be a fun night if the animals perform :-)
Sue xx
The 'musicians' will no doubt demand a share of the Haggis too...
ReplyDeleteHave fun.
Hahaha, sounds like lots of fun - especially with the cats 'piping'!
ReplyDeletex
It sounds like my sort of evening, but I am not too sure about the whistling cats,but I do think you aught to record the 'music' to give us all a giggle. xx
ReplyDeleteSounds absolutely fascinating. :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Ha! re the music. I LOVE haggis, just love it.
ReplyDeleteOh my that had me giggling this morning - fabulous stuff!
ReplyDeleteOriginality is what you do best!
ReplyDeleteLisa x