sigh.....
Happy 200th birthday
for the publication of
Pride and Prejudice
by
Jane Austen !
I visited the Jane Austen museum in Bath
a few years ago.
The dresses are tiny !
I don't think I would make an accomplished Austen lady...
maybe an eccentric aunt ?!
After his efforts on the dance floor
on New Year's eve in Scotland,
where husband could not master the steps,
I don't think he would fill many young ladies' dance cards !
Ah well we can dream...
I could watch Colin Firth all day. We are certainly taller than people back then. I wonder what people will think of us in 200 years.
ReplyDeleteWe can certainly dream......ahh....Colin..... :-)
ReplyDeleteSue xx
Thank you for including that clip.
ReplyDeleteCF is very dreamy as MrD.
Lisa x
I think including Colin Firth as Darcy in a blog post is the next best thing to a public service. Stature wise we are Amazons compared to people in that era. We visited the vicarage at Haworth years ago, home to the Bronte's, now I know they were underfed northern folk, but ye gods they were not much bigger than The Borrowers.
ReplyDeletePs I think we could do a double act as the spinster cousins, one from the south and the other from the north, opinionated and completely batty, what do you think?
Thankyou, sigh. I remember driving my husband out of the room with my drooling at that scene. Theres still the odd little un today, 5 foot nothing me. Awful not being able to see over walls.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I provided a service today !
ReplyDeleteDear Cousin Susan, we would be superb as the North / South cousins !
colin firths finest moment!!
ReplyDeleteEccentric aunt, what a hoot Penny!! :) Colin Firth was so dreamy in the role of Mr Darcy.
ReplyDeleteAnne xx
Oh if sir Gary lord of the Barlow is unavailable I will more than settle for the utterly divine king Colin! Always had a soft spot for him. He was on my wall at uni along with Kenneth brannagh. I had the utter pleasure of seeing him in some Beckett play or other at the Lyceum when he was very very young and delicious. Erm hope DH doesn't read this lol! And yay for P&P. One of the cleverest novels ever. Just the first sentence is so multi layered. Rambling now! Hope you are well, jenx
ReplyDeleteI loved Pride and Prejudice! It's amazing that the story is 200 years old now.
ReplyDeletewww.modernworld4.blogspot.com