So while the girls were gadding about in New york
what were the boys doing ?
Work & Finn racing for husband.
He is very competitive when it comes to the racing series.
We have pointed out that at nearly fifty
a Finn is rather heavy for him
( a younger boy's toy ! )
His friend, colleague & fellow racer is in his early thirties !
He aches all over these days.
He aches all over these days.
Joe has become Mr sociable
going out more than he ever did.
and asked if he could have a few friends round while I was away.
When we telephoned home, husband said
Joe was having 11 friends here for a get together.
Jess & I didn't know that Joe even had 11 friends !
They met on the village green took fish 'n chips to the beach
then took over lounge & kitchen
after husband watched Master chef & retreated upstairs with his laptop
after husband watched Master chef & retreated upstairs with his laptop
saying they could play music as loud as they liked !
The house was OK on my return apart from a sticky kitchen floor
and rather mysteriously
remains of squashed bananas around.
( The recycling bag was rather full of tins too ! )
( The recycling bag was rather full of tins too ! )
***
Last night we went to see the show Hairspray on it's tour.
We are so lucky to get big West End shows here
and not pay big West End prices for tickets.
It was fabulous fabulous...
we wanted to get up to sing & dance.
Runner up in the X Factor three years ago Marcus
when gorgeous Matt Cardle won
( what happened to him ? )
Marcus Collins played the part of Seaweed
and was totally fabulous.
Other familiar faces were in it too but hardly recognisable
wearing the wigs & makeup.
Back to normal now-
extra shifts at the shop
as our lovely manageress is convalescing after an operation.
We are also keeping an eye on her at home
and cooking a few meals for her.
The sun is shining and the garden beckons !
***
Jess & I have realised that if we'd stuck to our original plans
of five nights in New York
then take the train to Boston,
we would have been there at the time of the bombing.
Hi, sounds like the boys have been having fun!
ReplyDeleteI took my daughter to see Hairspray a couple of years ago during kids week in the West End, when kids tickets are free if they go with an adult paying full price. We loved the music too. I can't say I knew who any of the cast were at that time, but the songs were great and it was just such a feel good story.
When we watched the movie on TV with family one Christmas, they didn't seem to get enthused by it at all, but we enjoyed that version too.
Before I came to London I used to have a part-time job in my local theatre and I loved it. I got to see so many shows and just loved the vibe there. I think about it whenever I go to a theatre now, and have very fond memories of my time there working with some lovely people.
Finn racing - not chasing the cat then?
ReplyDeleteI bet the boys were glad to see you back!
ReplyDeleteI'm catching up on your posts, and had been thinking about you and wondered how your trip was. I'm glad you all had a great time (I've only been to New York twice) and I'm glad all was well when you returned!! If you ever want to come to Washington DC, I'll be your personal tour guide!!
ReplyDeleteI always think Hairspray looks like a such a fun production, glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Sounds like a typical "boys home alone" situation to me...at least you only came home to a sticky floor..I was once greeted with a dishwasher covered in mould (inside)...they'd put used plates etc in but never thought to run it!
ReplyDeleteHairspray sounds like a wonderful night out.
Hugs xx
p.s. if hubby gave up the Finn class, what what he race next?
Hairspray was such fun & we wanted to get up to sing & dance - stood clapping & cheering at the end.
ReplyDeleteHusband used to do laser racing. Lasers are lighter than Finns but Finns are becomming more popular. He also races on a wooden sail boat a bit like a Folk boat.
Matt cardle. Swoon
ReplyDeleteI laughed when you said you didn't realise Joe had 11 friends. I find I usually only know about a third of what No.2 son is up to, and that third is only on a need to know basis!! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you and your family have been up to all sorts hun! the show sounds fabulous!
ReplyDelete