This is not something anyone who knows me well
would imagine that
I would EVER choose to do...
but I have not been " my self " recently.
I got up there
very, very shakily
" come on mum "
Joe was a natural
which I knew he would be




"Indianna Joe"
which I knew he would be
a few years ago she could hardly balance.
She was confident & determined
and thoroughly enjoyed herself.
She actually got separated from us
and went on ahead quite happily
'til we caught up.
"Indianna Joe"
took to it like a duck to water-
well he is used to climbing tall masts after all.
***
I was perfectly OK in the briefing & instructions
& the little practice one.
***
I did stage one and two.
***
Then I lost my nerve
stage three looked too much for me
so I followed on foot.
***
I harnessed up again & did stage four
then stopped & the family completed stage five.
***
Jess & Joe said they never once felt nervous
or that they couldn't do it.
'im out of doors loved it
& wants to go again.
He was so surprised that I
booked Go Ape
***
I'm very pleased with what I achieved today.
I hate heights.
I'm scared walking round castle battlements
and on cliffs.
I'm OK in aeroplanes and on the London eye & Spinnaker tower-
I guess as the are enclosed-
but heights where I can " see over "
terrify me.
I could not relax & accept that the harness was there to protect me
the fear was always there
but I did three fifths of the course - over half...
and that's good enough for me.
Well done, you did much more than I would have done, sitting here thinking about it makes me feel sick!
ReplyDeleteBloody good show old girl!!! You did better than I could have done....Been thinking about you all day! xxx
ReplyDeleteOi! Less of the old - you are older than me old girl xx we old birds know a thing or two
ReplyDeleteI really admire you.No way could I have done that!I did go rock climbing once when I was younger and 'froze' a few feet off the ground and had to be 'rescued!
ReplyDeleteBellaboo :o)
You mad, brave little squirrel!!
ReplyDeleteI could never in a million years do any of that, just the thought makes my stomach lurch.
Well done you!
Sue xx
Way to go Penny! I knew you could do it! Now treat yourself to a nice drink! ;-)
ReplyDelete*Pats on the back* Sounds like a bloody good time! Hope you did enjoy yourself.
ReplyDelete~Randy
wow- you on any meds?...tell me what they are I want some!!
ReplyDeletexx
Wow. I'm seriously impressed. Rather you than me.
ReplyDeleteA x
You been 'monkeying around' again hey?
ReplyDeleteIt looks brilliant!
Well done!
Sandie xx
how cool! I would definitely have to get up the nerve to do that! I don;t think I'd make a very good squirrel - or ape!
ReplyDeleteWhen done!
ReplyDeletei am so impressed!
love
Lyn
xxx
Like you, I'm OK with enclosed spaces, but you wouldn't catch me up in those trees. I get scared anytime I'm higher than a chair. Lovely photos, though.
ReplyDeleteO-M-G! No way would you get me up there. Well done you - though maybe squirrel pills have genetically modified you and that could be called cheating! xxx
ReplyDeleteI think this is so cool and awesome that you did this and lived to tell the tale!!!!
ReplyDelete:-)))) Would you do it again?? I have a feeling you just might!!!!
I would do it again & try to relax into the harness as I was gripping on for dear life ! If we go once more we get the third time free !
ReplyDeleteI think that is wonderful! It is really good sometimes to face our fears and try to conquer them, although sometimes so hard. I really admire you doing that! Susie xxx
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed, Max was 13 last week and was supposed to be doing the course at Air Extreme in Milton Keynes with his Dad, but when he got there he took one look at the hieght of the course and backed out, bless him.
ReplyDeleteI think Stu was quite pleased lol.
So again well done you..x
YOU....are a brave woman ~ I'm impressed! Good for you for facing a challenge head on. Woot woot!!!
ReplyDeletexo Catherine
Well you'll just have to go again then!! You did well, but now you know what you have in you to conquer and that you can. Feel the fear and do it anyway!!
ReplyDeleteGo Squirrel!... well you're not hairy enough for an ape... even if you are a 'nana!! :)
WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O))))
ReplyDeleteBLIMEY - respect!!!
ReplyDeleteThought all that weird equipment at the beginning of this post was some sort of S M kinky stuff and I wondered if I had the correct Bad Penny....