...and so it begins -
ten days into the new year
and I find my first lost dog -
remember how many I found last year ?!
I was waiting for a friend & her dog
to join Dillon & me for a walk
to join Dillon & me for a walk
when a woman called out,
" Is this dog with you ? "
She pointed to a attractive looking collie.
She added,
" He seems to know where he's going.
Well he didn't,
he looped round the top of the road & joined me
he looped round the top of the road & joined me
on a bridge where I was waiting
right by a busy road.
I grabbed him & put Dillon's lead on him.
When my friend arrived we rang the number on his tag
having recognised the name & address.
The woman who lived near by took ten minutes to come
looked exasperated
exclaiming the dog was out looking for her late husband.
He, the dog, could scale their wall and at eleven was too old to be re-homed.
She didn't thank us
and I felt rather sad.
***
Meanwhile in the village,
I've noticed the off licence has been sold.
A young couple I know are re-fitting it.
they are restaurateurs
and I gather this is to be a wine bar...
this adds to;
four pubs
two hotels
six restaurants
five cafes
and
a fish n' chip shop
in a village with a population of around 4,500
GREAT
WHEN
I
AM
TRYING
TO
LOSE
WEIGHT
!!!
***
Meanwhile in the village,
I've noticed the off licence has been sold.
A young couple I know are re-fitting it.
they are restaurateurs
and I gather this is to be a wine bar...
this adds to;
four pubs
two hotels
six restaurants
five cafes
and
a fish n' chip shop
in a village with a population of around 4,500
GREAT
WHEN
I
AM
TRYING
TO
LOSE
WEIGHT
!!!
That is sad about the collie...if the woman's always like that it's no wonder he's unsettled and looking for his late master...:(
ReplyDeleteAnd, wow!!! Your village sounds like a gourmet's dream...and a dieter's nightmare!!
Hugs xx
This has been one of your best posts
ReplyDeleteBittersweet and economical
I loved it
Susie it's madness - hairdressers & places to eat are plenty in numbers but sadly we are losing all the independant butchers, bakers, green grocers.
ReplyDeleteWow John steady on - I nearly didn't write this up ! But knowing your lovely Blog I get you x
Now then Cuz you want to get up here, we only have two pubs and one restaurant and the restaurant only upens at lunchtimes! our next village hasn't got any pubs at all, which must be strange these days. What we have got is a brilliant little supermarket, more farm shops than you can shake a stick at and a very good butchers. However you would miss the sea and the weather. I would do a swap!! We do have lots of gift shops. I can't fathom that one out really.
ReplyDeleteHow awful the lady with the lost dog didn't thank you. We have one a bit like that on our lane, a terrier that belongs to a young boy keeps getting out, it always seems to be Helena that finds it! I think the dog is getting used to us now.
That is quite some village you live in, lucky YOU! Love your daughter's dress choice in the previous post. Stunning.
ReplyDeleteIf the lady didn't thank-you, I will! I'm always grateful when someone like you helps a lost pup find their way home--I hope he stays there and the owner finds the joy in having a dog that is a connection to her husband!
ReplyDeleteYour village is bigger than the one I live in!
I think it's a wonderful village & I am very lucky to live here.
ReplyDeleteWhile walking around I notice things... a regular Miss Marple I am ! ( no bodies found thank goodness )
What a sad story re the dog. It sounds rather like lost dogs find you!
ReplyDeleteI think it sad re the dog for the woman. We have a cat that considers my husband the be all and end all. She sits in the early evening just waiting for him to sit in his chair so she can get on his knee. If he wasnt there, I would get a bit stressed out at her wanting to do that. So if the dog is looking for the womans ex husband that must be quite bad for her.
ReplyDeleteThese programs have been structured in a way
ReplyDeleteto provide general medical education as well as specific physical therapy courses.
Indeed, the best schools produce the best physical therapists in the country, so it is every
aspiring therapist. As a masseuse, you also have the opportunity to earn tips.
Also visit my blog post : Cognitive Therapies For Depression
How sad. Poor dog, he is obviously grieving for his lost master.Lucky you were there. :)
ReplyDeleteoi annon - if I wanted to follw a course on depression therapy I'd look for one myself - don't use my Blog ! Blogging is a wonderful therapy for depression- I should know !
ReplyDeleteJill I agree but I do know the woman conserned & we knew she wouldn't thank us. I felt like adopting the dog but I simply can't.
Rusty Duck & Bonsaimum - I think this is the first of many ... I should charge a finder's fee !!!
Poor dog, I guess he's getting 'not wanted anymore' vibes and is desperate for his late master :-(
ReplyDeleteIt seems that every main street of every town and village is turning into a eating, beauty and charity shop avenue, what a shame for the good old independent food suppliers. We are so lucky having Pangbourne near us, we seem to have one of every kind of shop (at the moment).
Sue xx
It's all been said by the previous comments about the poor dog - no wonder he's out and about looking for his master when there clearly isn't much love for him at home (she'd even consider having him re-homed??!!).
ReplyDeleteI'd be the size of a small aircraft hanger if I lived in your village :D
xx
wow....spoilt for choice.....more excuses to go dog walking!!
ReplyDeletePoor dog. She sounds sad too. At least you know you were kind. People don't say thankyou any more do they. Catching up on your posts, jenx
ReplyDeleteOh well the least the lady could have said was thank you for finding the dog for her and returning it safely! Secondly it would appear that you possibly don't need another restaurant in your village - particularly if you are watching your waist line
ReplyDeleteDoin' a bit of catching up! Your Burn's Night sounds super, and with Finn and Billy serenading, I'm sure it will be the most talked about event of the year! The dress for Jess is Gorgeous - she will look stunning. Sad about the lost dog, and sad too that there are people with so few manners, or the warm heart to care for a grieving dog...Have a good weekend!
ReplyDeletex