Tuesday, 27 November 2012



In my lovely lovely village
at this time every year
 a tall Christmas tree is
placed on the village green.


The shops have smaller ones to put up too.
We have late night shopping and
Carols around the tree.
it's lovely.


Today while doing my stint at the shop,
our small tree was delivered.
 My friend commented that the tall tree on the green
looked rather flat at the top.
I looked out and sure enough it did
no pointy bit.


We were told that someone had stolen the top of the tree ...
stolen the tip
the top seven feet of the village Christmas tree
sawn off in the night
 while the tree lay on the green waiting to be raised.

Taking something for themselves
which was supposed to be enjoyed by everyone.


Seasons greetings
and goodwill to all men....
after the bike thefts
now this
I'm a bit short on goodwill to all men

( apart from the man who has generously offered to replace the tree )


15 comments:

  1. That's such a mean thing to do :(

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. as Father Christmas would say
    "ho bleeding ho"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so selfish. I hope you have your faith in the village restored soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody somewhere probably thinks that is funny, how mean spirited can you get,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I expect it's not anyone in your village, but a 'chancer'.
    Ho hum - let them enjoy it and everything it brings them, good or bad - and instead let this pull you all closer together as a community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it with some people...Very sad! I'd like to think the culprit could be shamed by some media intervention, but feel it more likely they'd be proud of their 'achievement'. The only good thing to be said is it will make others draw more closely together.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should do another post on the battle to keep the 4 corners clean and etc in the Broch. Heartwarming to be honest how everyone keeps on and on cleaning it, removing graffiti etc.
    On a lighter note, if its the blue hen you like, all blue, there could be one flapping to you. Comment your address, I will not publish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unbelievable! What is the World coming to ... but one good Samaritan at least.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really to bad--How could anyone enjoy something knowing where they'd gotten it, especially at Christmas? When our beautiful pine tree broke during the hurricane I thought it was a shame it couldn't be used for a tree, it was really lovely....

    I do hope you're doing well, and your holidays are off to a good start!! Take care!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What goes around, comes around, and I think eventually they will get their just deserts. I noticed our community still has a nativity. Wonder when the athiests will get after that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing just how low some people will go.Your village sounds lovely. Here, there are no decorations up at the moment in the town. I hope the universe bites the thief on the bum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it just makes me wish them ill...I hope they have a horrible Christmas!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. For goodness sakes, why on earth???
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought for a minute you were going to say that the small tree delivered to the shop turned out to be the stolen top of the big one! Luckily it seems not. Terribly mean thing to do.

    ReplyDelete