Sunday, 3 February 2013




A good giggle is such a tonic.


Yesterday, I had two good giggles.

The first was during my stint at the charity shop.
A customer stood at the table outside looking at the items displayed
  chuckling away quietly to himself.

He'd obviously found something very funny.
I was intrigued.

He was looking at a tin of purple paint.

An open half empty tin of sticky purple paint 
with a paintbrush stuck in it.

We'd found it left on the shop doorstep last week.
A customer even complained about it being there.
We were somewhat annoyed about it.

What I didn't realise was
the manageress had put a label on it 
which read,
" Donation of the week "
and that's what the customer found so funny.

I started to giggle & couldn't stop.
It was a nice moment
and I told  him he'd made my day.

He went inside the shop
and I heard him telling his wife about it
still chuckling away.



Later Jess & I were in the lounge deciding what film to watch.
We could hear Joe & husband in the kitchen 
having a discussion about the washing up
which Joe was supposed to be doing
but was obviously doing badly.

They are both very good natured & laid back
so the conversation Jess & I overheard was very amusing.

We chose to watch



we all watched it,
the first time in ages
 we have all watched a film together on a Saturday night.
It was very silly & very funny
and for the second time that day,
I couldn't stop giggling.


13 comments:

  1. Ah laughter is such a wonderful tonic isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a good case of the giggles at work in a long time. I wonder if I have a can of open, have used paint....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good giggle. I have a bit of a thing for Vince Vaughan! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some say laughter is better than sex :-)
    It certainly works like a tonic for sure so make sure you get lots....laughter that is of course :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent....love Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughan!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the charity shop story - makes you wonder what thought processes someone goes through to donate something like that!! We've had some real shockers - best was a length of oily rope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes giggles turn up at just the right time. Enjoy the rest of the weekend Penny. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously a real feel good day. And all the family feeling good too. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear you've been enjoying some giggles ;)

    I'm sure some people see charity shops as an alternative to the rubbish dump - as far as they're concerned the rubbish is out of their way, job done.

    Ben Stiller is ALWAYS worth watching :D

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. nothing like a good giggle for raising the spirits is there.
    Penny, do you drive? perhaps we could meet up for a coffee or something when Jess goes?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A family that laughs together, stays together. We have the same problems here with people dumping their rubbish at the op - shops. It really eats into the available money the charity has as they have to pay to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to hear you've had some giggles.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having a good giggle is sometimes the best cure.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete